If you are going to a country where child sex tourism takes place, the following tips can help you travel responsibly.
- Choose a travel agency that has joined the Tourism Child Protection Code. They inform customers and staff on their child protection policies, report potential cases and apply other measures to protect children.
- When you suspect that child sex tourism is taking place in your hotel, report this to your travel agency when you return home, so it can take further steps against the hotel or terminate the partnership
- Avoid nightclubs, bars, massage parlours and brothels were children are present.
- Do not stay in hotels where local minors are allowed in the hotel room.
- Do not give money to begging children or underage street vendors. Rather support local organisations that focus on protecting children.
- Always ask permission before taking photographs of children and never take them anywhere alone without supervision and permission.
- If during your holiday you visit children or schools or are working as a volunteer, first research if the organisation has implemented child protection standards that take into account their physical and mental well-being.
- Report suspicions of child sex tourism!
- Download the app ‘reportchildsextourism’ to report child sex tourism in 19 countries in only 3 clicks (only voor Android).